visit our kind sponsors
Fr. Gerard F. Safko celebrated the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass at Holy Name of Mary Church for the first time on September 14, 2005. “Father Jerry” was previously assigned responsibilities for four churches, including the Church of the Good Shepard in Drums and others in surrounding communities. He is a self-proclaimed Liturgist and loves to provide spiritual and uplifting Liturgies. He loves the outdoors, hunting and fishing. His demeanor brings energy and enthusiasm to every situation.
Father Safko has been ordained for fifteen years, and that ordination followed 13 years at major colleges pursuing advanced degrees. He also served as an officer in the United States Air Force and as a Chaplain in the Pennsylvania National Guard. The parishioners of Holy Name of Mary church welcome him to the parish and to the Montrose community and wish him every blessing and success.
Rev. Robert J. Simon, Pastor of St. John the Evangelist Church, Susquehanna, PA announces the 125th anniversary of the dedication of St. John’s Church on November 6, 2005 at 3:00 p.m. beginning with a Mass celebrated by Most Reverent Joseph F. Martino, Bishop of Scranton, PA.
St. John’s Parish was founded in 1847, while the church building was dedicated November 7, 1880. St. John the Evangelist Church holds a place of prominence in Susquehanna and the larger community. It steeple rises above the community as a symbol of faith, pride and commitment.
Following the Mass a banquet will be held at the Starrucca House, Susquehanna, PA. Tickets are available and purchase will include a commemorative booklet. Cocktail hour begins at 5:00 p.m. with dinner following at 6:00 p.m. Deadline for reservations is October 19.
For reservations or to purchase a booklet, contact Joann McIntyre, (570) 853–3541.
News | Living | Sports | Schools | Churches | Ads | Events
Military | Columns | Ed/Op | Obits | Archive | Subscribe